Re: make clean didn't clean up files generated from *.(y|l)

От Kouhei Kaigai
Тема Re: make clean didn't clean up files generated from *.(y|l)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> writes:
> > I tried to build the latest master branch just after the switch from
> > REL9_5_STABLE and "make clean", however, repl_gram.c was not cleaned
> > up correctly. So, my problem is that repl_gram.l was the latest version,
> > but compiler saw the repl_gram.c generated based on the v9.5 source.
> > Probably, we have to add explicit cleanup of these auto-generated files
> > on Makefiles.
>
> "make clean" absolutely should NOT remove that file; not even "make
> distclean" should, because we ship it in tarballs.  Likewise for the other
> bison product files you mention, as well as a boatload of other derived
> files.
>
> If you want to checkout a different release branch in the same working
> directory, I'd suggest "make maintainer-clean" or "git clean -dfx" first.
> (Personally I don't ever do that --- it's much easier to maintain a
> separate workdir per branch.)
>
> Having said that, switching to a different branch should have resulted in
> repl_gram.l being updated by git, and thereby acquiring a new file mod
> date; so I don't understand why make wouldn't have chosen to rebuild
> repl_gram.c.  Can you provide a reproducible sequence that makes this
> happen?

Ah, I might have inadequate operation just before the branch switching.

$ cd ~/source/pgsql     <-- REL9_5_STABLE; already built
$ git checkout master
$ cp -r ~/source/pgsql ~/repo/pgsql-kg
$ cd ~/repo/pgsql-kg
$ ./configure
$ make clean
$ make                  <-- repl_gram.c raised an error

~/source/pgsql is a copy of community's branch; with no my own modification.
To keep it clean, I copied entire repository to other directory, but cp command
updated the file modification timestamp.
I may be the reason why repl_gram.c was not rebuilt.

Sorry for the noise.
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: ToDo: API for SQL statement execution other than SPI
От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: Gin index on array of uuid