Re: [GENERAL] Trigger documentation? Need more examples.. pleeeze.. ;-)

От Henrique Pantarotto
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Trigger documentation? Need more examples.. pleeeze.. ;-)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Zakkr,

I wonder if you read my message.  I am aware of the examples in the contrib/spi
directory, but they aren't enough for me.  I'm looking for a more specific
trigger documentation, or more trigger examples.

I would like to know how, from a trigger C function, can I get the "old" and
"new" value for an updated field.  Is this possible?  How do I do that?

For example, if I do:

update users set username = "clinton" where id = "2400"

When the trigger is activated, is it possible to compare the OLD value and NEW
value of the field "username"?

Did you understand?  ;-)

Thanks!

> > I'm new to PostgreSQL, but I've been using MySQL/mSQL for a long time now.
 I > > switched to PostgreSQL mostly because of it's features: triggers,
specially. > >

--
Henrique Pantarotto
CEPAnet Internet Provider