Re: BUG #1150: grant options not properly checked

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #1150: grant options not properly checked
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
> I'm not Peter, but I have an answer anyway: the standard says it should be
> narrowed.

Hmm, and also 12.2 says:

         8) For every combination of <grantee> and <action> on O specified
            in <privileges>, if there is no corresponding privilege
            descriptor in CPD, then a completion condition is raised:
            warning - privilege not granted.

         9) If ALL PRIVILEGES was specified, then for each grantee G, if
            there is no privilege descriptor in CPD specifying grantee G,
            then a completion condition is raised: warning - privilege not
            granted.

Note that says WARNING, not ERROR.  So I guess what we need to do is
narrow the privilege set and issue a warning message.

I think this also bears on the question that was raised before about
whether REVOKE should raise an error if you don't have the right to
revoke the privileges you're listing.  We don't, and based on this
I think we shouldn't --- but maybe we should issue a warning.