Re: An INSERT can kill the PostgreSQL server

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: An INSERT can kill the PostgreSQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Richi Plana <richip@mozcom.com> writes:
> create table devices (brand varchar(30), model varchar(30), serial
> varchar(30), ro_community varchar(50)[], rw_community varchar(50)[], primary
> key (brand, model, serial));
> create table routers (lo_address inet) inherits (devices);
> insert into routers values ('Cisco', '7206VXR', '72498595', '{"Butterflies",
> "Intehsoijfeijfjf"}', NULL, '10.2.3.4');

Hmm.  Looks like there is some kind of unpleasant interaction between
the constant-expression simplifier and application of array-element
length constraints.  Thanks for the report, I'll look into it today.

If you are in a *big* hurry, I expect declaring rw_community as
text[] would avoid the bug.