Re: pgsql: Implement PREPARE AS statement for ECPG.

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: pgsql: Implement PREPARE AS statement for ECPG.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> This is a new feature and not a bug fix, hence why has this been
> committed to HEAD knowing that the feature freeze of v12 is effective
> as of the 8th of April?  You should have waited until REL_12_STABLE
> has been created for new features.

Please see the thread on hackers. Yes, it is a new feature but that
part is small, the bigger impact is that this patch fixing a
prepare/execute implementation that was completely broken. By adding
new features here and there we managed to create an implementation that
did work well in some areas but surprisingly (unless you know the
source code) failed with minor change to the underlying statement.

That's why I committed it despite being late in the cycle. And because
it only has an impact on an interface not the backend itself.

Of course, if the consensus is to revert the patch until v13 I will
accept that.

> (The indentation of the new code in ecpglib/prepare.c is broken.)

What's wrong? I fixed the original one to stop my gcc from complaining,
but maybe I missed a piece.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes