Re: Compile fails on AIX 6.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compile fails on AIX 6.1
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
[ again, please keep the mailing list cc'd ]

"Lars Ewald (web.de)" <l.ewald-web@lars-ewald.de> writes:
>> PPC what exactly?

> PowerPC_POWER5:
> System Model: IBM,9110-51A
> Machine Serial Number: *********
> Processor Type: PowerPC_POWER5
> Processor Implementation Mode: POWER 5

Huh.  POWER5 certainly ought to be good with lwsync.  I think the lwarx
hint bit doesn't do anything on POWER5, but it's not supposed to cause
problems either.

> Would it help to use a POWER7 system as followed?

If you can try the same build there and see whether it works, that would
be useful information; but we'd like PG to work on POWER5 too ...

>> Still, configure should have caught that. Does configure end up
>> defining HAVE_PPC_LWARX_MUTEX_HINT in src/include/pg_config.h?

> Yes, I HAVE_PPC_LWARX_MUTEX_HINT was defined.
> Commenting out USE_PPC_LWSYNC did not help. Also, commenting
> USE_PPC_LWSYNC out and set HAVE_PPC_LWARX_MUTEX_HINT to "0", was
> not successful.

I'm stumped then.  Maybe the problem is something else entirely.
Could you look at the assembler output file and see exactly what
lines it's complaining about?  If the temp file is not left
behind by a normal build, do the failing gcc call over again
manually, substituting -S for -c so you get a .s file as output.