Re: GIN index

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: GIN index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

Why exactly are you starting a new thread again, instead of continuing
in the thread you started a couple days ago?

A couple recommendations:

1) I find it unlikely you'll get a lot of help unless you provide a way
to reproduce the issue easily. That is, something people can build and
test on their own. Posting incomplete chunks of code means we'd have to
spend time filling in the gaps, etc. Sorry, not going to happen.

Create an extension that we can build/install easily, include a SQL
script reproducing the issue.

2) The code is incomplete, e.g. hex2char/char2hex are missing. And the
calls seems to be the other way around. I'd expect geomgrid_in to
transform hex string to binary, but it calls Char2Hex.

3) AFIAK there's nothing like CREATE FUNCTION ... NOT FENCED ..., so it
seems you're using some sort of fork. In that case you should probably
ask them.

4) Don't post backtraces as screenshots. Copy them as text, attach them
as a text file.

5) Continue in the thread you already started, otherwise it's impossible
to follow the discussion.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra