Re: [BUGS] BUG #14706: Dependencies not recorded properly for basetypes

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14706: Dependencies not recorded properly for basetypes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 06/15/2017 09:51 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Michael Paquier
> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Attached is an idea of patch, inputs welcome. Another idea would be to
>> deprecate things on HEAD and cause an ERROR when doing such things.
>
> Not completely bullet-proof actually. As SetFunctionArgType() can be
> called, arguments of a function could be changed, leading to lookup
> errors. Attached is an updated patch with more regression tests.

Hmm. Strictly speaking there's no need to update the dependency when
changing opaque into cstring. Because cstring is a pinned type,
recordDependency will do nothing for it.

But in any case, I think it'd be better and simpler to fix the
dependency in SetFunctionArgType() and SetFunctionReturnType() functions
themselves. They're the ones that change the type, they ought to be
responsible for fixing the dependency too. See attached.

- Heikki