Re: WIP: BRIN multi-range indexes

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: WIP: BRIN multi-range indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/11/21 3:51 PM, Tomas Vondra wrote:

> This passes all my tests, including valgrind on the 32-bit rpi4 machine,
> the stress test (testing both the bloom and multi-minmax opclasses etc.)

OK, the cfbot seems happy with it, but I forgot to address the minor
issues mentioned in the review from 2021/02/09, so here's a patch series
addressing that.

Overall, I think the plan is to eventually commit 0001-0004 as is,
squash 0005-0007 (so the minmax-multi uses the "hybrid" approach). I
don't intend to commit 0008, because I have doubts those opclasses are
really useful for anything.

As for 0009, I think it's a fairly small tweak - the correlation made
sense for regular brin indexes, but those new oclasses are meant exactly
for cases where the data is not well correlated.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company