Getting rid of OverrideSearhPath in namespace.c

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Getting rid of OverrideSearhPath in namespace.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello hackers,

As a follow-up for the CVE-2023-2454 fix, I think that it makes sense to
completely remove unsafe functions
PushOverrideSearchPath()/PopOverrideSearchPath(), which are not used in the
core now.
Please look at the patch attached.

Beside that, maybe it's worth to rename three functions in "Override" in
their names: GetOverrideSearchPath(), CopyOverrideSearchPath(),
OverrideSearchPathMatchesCurrent(), and then maybe struct OverrideSearchPath.
Noah Misch proposed name GetSearchPathMatcher() for the former.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Alexander
Вложения