Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 11/12/2023 11:12, Thomas Munro wrote:
> 1.  I eventually figured out how to generalise
> compute_remaining_iovec() (as I now call it) so that the existing
> pg_pwritev_with_retry() in file_utils.c could also use it, so that's
> now done in a patch of its own.

In compute_remaining_iovec():
> 'source' and 'destination' may point to the same array, in which
> case it is adjusted in-place; otherwise 'destination' must have enough
> space for 'iovcnt' elements.
Is there any use case for not adjusting it in place?
pg_pwritev_with_retry() takes a const iovec array, but maybe just remove
the 'const' and document that it scribbles on it?

> I'm planning to commit these fairly soon.

+1

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: unconstify()/unvolatize() vs g++/clang++
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: backtrace_on_internal_error