Re: Wrong rows estimations with joins of CTEs slows queries by more than factor 500

От Tomas Vondra
Тема Re: Wrong rows estimations with joins of CTEs slows queries by more than factor 500
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/21/23 10:16, Jian Guo wrote:
> Hi hackers,
>
> I found a new approach to fix this issue, which seems better, so I would
> like to post another version of the patch here. The origin patch made
> the assumption of the values of Vars from CTE must be unique, which
> could be very wrong. This patch examines variables for Vars inside CTE,
> which avoided the bad assumption, so the results could be much more
> accurate.

No problem with posting a reworked patch to the same thread, but I'll
repeat my suggestion to register this in the CF app [1]. The benefit is
that people are more likely to notice the patch and also cfbot [2] will
run regression tests.

[1] https://commitfest.postgresql.org
[2] http://cfbot.cputube.org/

--