Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 04.10.23 20:30, Dave Cramer wrote:
>     We need to
>     figure out what is the right way to globally identify types, like
>     either
>     by fully-qualified name, by base name, some combination, how does it
>     work with extensions, or do we need a new mechanism like UUIDs.  I
>     think
>     that is something we need to work out, no matter which protocol
>     mechanism we end up using.
>

> So how is this different than the GUC that I proposed ?

The last patch I see from you in this thread uses OIDs, which I have
argued is not the right solution.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session
Сообщение: Re: Request for comment on setting binary format output per session