Re: Major French companies officially asking sofware vendors to support PostgreSQL

От Justin Clift
Тема Re: Major French companies officially asking sofware vendors to support PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 7 Dec 2017, at 07:13, Damien Clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:

> The French PostgreSQL Cross-Enterprise Work Group, a non-profit organization advocating for the adoption and use of
PostgreSQL,just published an open letter to all software vendors that don’t already do so to take steps to support
PostgreSQLas a database management system (DBMS).

> The ambition of this initiative is to incite them to adapt quickly to the irresistible IT transformation in progress
inpublic and private companies.

> Created in 2016, the PostgreSQL Cross-Enterprise Work Group ( called “Groupe de Travail Inter-Entreprise” or “GT
Entreprise”in French) is a dedidacted task force inside the PostgreSQLFr non-profit association
(https://www.postgresql.fr/asso/).Over the last months,it has grown remarkably.

> In a new press release published yesterday, the workgroup sent an open letter to software vendors asking them
officiallyto support PostgreSQL.

> * Original version :
> <https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/20171206_lettre_ouverte_aux_editeurs_de_logiciels>
>
> * English translation :
> <https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/english>
[snip]

Awesome. :)

This seems like the kind of thing that should go on the PostgreSQL
website's "News" section.  Well, the English translation of it, as
the .org website is English focused.

Also - very minor - there's a typo on the first sentence of the English
page:

  https://www.postgresql.fr/entreprises/english

"... is a dedidacted task force ..." ← dedicated is spelled wrong. ;)

For press release's, it's probably worth fixing though.  First impression
stuff, etc. ;)

Out of curiosity, how much time and effort has it taken to get the French
PostgreSQL Cross-Enterprise Work Group up and running?  Sounds like a lot.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

- Indira Gandhi

От: Andreas Karlsson
Сообщение: Re: Major French companies officially asking sofware vendors tosupport PostgreSQL
От: Jean-Paul Argudo
Сообщение: Re: Major French companies officially asking sofware vendors tosupport PostgreSQL