Re: Using the GPU

От Alexander Staubo
Тема Re: Using the GPU
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 6/16/07, Tom Allison <tom@tacocat.net> wrote:
> It might make an interesting project, but I would be really depressed
> if I had to go buy an NVidia card instead of investing in more RAM to
> optimize my performance!  <g>

Why does it matter what kind of hardware you can (not "have to") buy
to give your database a performance boost? With a GPU, you would have
one more component that you could upgrade to improve performance;
that's more possibilities, not less. I only see a problem with a
database that would *require* a GPU to achieve adequate performance,
or to function at all, but that's not what this thread is about.

Alexander.