Re: Best OS for Postgres 8.2

От Alexander Staubo
Тема Re: Best OS for Postgres 8.2
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 5/8/07, david@lang.hm <david@lang.hm> wrote:
[snip]
> I personally don't trust reiserfs, jfs seems to be a tools for
> transitioning from AIX more then anything else [...]

What makes you say this? I have run JFS for years with complete
satisfaction, and I have never logged into an AIX box.

JFS has traditionally been seen as an underdog, but undeservedly so,
in my opinion; one cause might be the instability of the very early
releases, which seems to have tainted its reputation, or the alienness
of its AIX heritage. However, every benchmark I have come across puts
its on par with, and often surpassing, the more popular file systems
in performance. In particular, JFS seems to shine with respect to CPU
overhead.

Alexander.