Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device
Дата
Re: Postgres crash? could not write to log file: No space left on device  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"Yuri Levinsky" <yuril@celltick.com> writes:
> I have the following issue on Sun Solaris 10. PostgreSQL version is
> 9.2.3. The wall logging is minimal and no archiving. The DB restarted
> several time, the box is up for last 23 days. The PostgreSQL
> installation and files under /data/postgres that is half empty. Is it
> some other destination that might cause the problem? Can I log the space
> consumption and directory name where the problem is happening by some
> debug level or trace setting?

> PANIC:  could not write to log file 81, segment 125 at offset 13959168,
> length 1392640: No space left on device

That's definitely telling you it got ENOSPC from a write in
$PGDATA/pg_xlog.  Maybe you have a user-specific space quota affecting
the postgres account?