Re: Bug in to_timestamp().

От amul sul
Тема Re: Bug in to_timestamp().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday, 20 June 2016 8:53 PM, Alex Ignatov <a.ignatov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

>>On 13.06.2016 18:52, amul sul wrote:
>And it wont stop on some simple whitespace. By using to_timestamp you
>can get any output results by providing illegal input parameters values:

>postgres=# SELECT TO_TIMESTAMP('2016-06-13 99:99:99', 'YYYYMMDD
>HH24:MI:SS');
>       to_timestamp
>------------------------
>  2016-01-06 14:40:39+03
>
> (1 row)

We do consume extra space from input string, but not if it is in format string, see below:

postgres=# SELECT TO_TIMESTAMP('2016-06-13      15:43:36', 'YYYY/MM/DD HH24:MI:SS');
to_timestamp
2016-06-13 15:43:36-07
(1 row)

We should have same treatment for format string too.

Thoughts? Comments?

Regards,
Amul Sul