Re: latest hstore patch

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: latest hstore patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I don't feel particularly strongly about the name (I've also>> intentionally held off on updating the pgfoundry
versionof the>> code until this is settled so no-one else should care either).
David> I'm down with hstore_to_array() and hstore_to_matrix().
>> My own expectation is that the operator should normally be used in>> preference (though obviously people's tastes
willvary in this>> respect).
David> Sure. But I realized that I forgot to ask forDavid> array_to_hstore() and matrix_to_hstore(). :-) Would love
toDavid>have those, too. Not sure about the operators…

hstore(text[]) (which is also present as an explicit cast) covers both
of those cases since it can figure out from the array dimensions which
is intended.

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)