Re: what causes xact_rollback for a database in pg_stat_database to increment?

От Jerry Sievers
Тема Re: what causes xact_rollback for a database in pg_stat_database to increment?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Hu, Patricia" <Patricia.Hu@finra.org> writes:

> We’ve been seeing over 200k rollbacks being recorded for a database
> at certain hour overnight but can’t see the corresponding ROLLBACK
> statements being recorded in postgresql db logs, even though our
> log_statement is set to ALL.
>

> I did some tests and confirmed that xact_rollback count increments in
> scenarios below and am looking further at those.
>
> 1.       a ROLLBACK is issued explicitly or implicitly(if a
> transaction or pl/pgsql block/function raises an exception or was
> aborted)
>
> 2.       it doesn’t reflect the number of records being rolled back
>
> 3.       even if ROLLBACK statement results in WARNING like “there is
> no transaction in progress”, it increments
>

> Does anyone know on top of his/her head any (other) explanation for
> such unaccounted for rollbacks?

Dangling session...

begin;
select this;
select that...
<drop connection>

HTH

--
Jerry Sievers
Postgres DBA/Development Consulting

От: Justin
Сообщение: Re: what causes xact_rollback for a database in pg_stat_database to increment?