Re: Bytea PL/Perl transform

От Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Тема Re: Bytea PL/Perl transform
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On 2023-06-22 Th 16:56, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>>
>> * Do all of these transforms need to be their own contrib modules? So
>> much duplicated code across contrib/*_plperl already (and *plpython
>> too for that matter) ...
>>

> Yeah, that's a bit of a mess. Not sure what we can do about it now.

Would it be possible to move the functions and other objects to a new
combined extension, and make the existing ones depend on that?

I see ALTER EXTENSION has both ADD and DROP subcommands which don't
affect the object itself, only the extension membership.  The challenge
would be getting the ordering right between the upgrade/install scripts
dropping the objects from the existing extension and adding them to the
new extension.

- ilmari