Re: Shared detoast Datum proposal

От Andy Fan
Тема Re: Shared detoast Datum proposal
Дата
Re: Shared detoast Datum proposal  (Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Nikita,

> Have you considered another one - to alter pg_detoast_datum
> (actually, it would be detoast_attr function) and save
> detoasted datums in the detoast context derived
> from the query context?
>
> We have just enough information at this step to identify
> the datum - toast relation id and value id, and could
> keep links to these detoasted values in a, say, linked list
>  or hash table. Thus we would avoid altering the executor
> code and all detoast-related code would reside within
> the detoast source files?

I think you are talking about the way Tomas provided.  I am really
afraid that I was thought of too self-opinionated, but I do have some
concerns about this approch as I stated here [1], looks my concerns is
still not addressed, or the concerns itself are too absurd which is
really possible I think?

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/875xyb1a6q.fsf%40163.com

--
Best Regards