Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)

От Dimitri Fontaine
Тема Re: patch: Add JSON datatype to PostgreSQL (GSoC, WIP)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hitoshi Harada <umi.tanuki@gmail.com> writes:
> It depends on use cases, but in my mind plain text will do for us. If
> we have JavaScript engine in PostgreSQL like pl/v8 and it handles
> on-disk format as-is, then we should choose the kind of format, but in
> either text or binary format way it is hopeless to have such
> compelling environment in the short future.

Well, for javascript support, there's another nice thing happening:
 - plscheme is built on GNU Guile - next version of GNU Guile supports javascript too
 http://plscheme.projects.postgresql.org/ http://wingolog.org/archives/2009/02/22/ecmascript-for-guile

So my current guess at which javascript engine we'd get first would be
plscheme. Now I don't know what implication that would have on the
binary storage format of javascript or json documents.

Regards,
--
dim