Re: tabs in psql

От Seb
Тема Re: tabs in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:48:09 -0700,
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

[...]

> I can not duplicate your problem. However when I copy and paste
> directly from your email it does indeed fail watch:

[...]

> That is a direct copy and paste from your email. Notice that there is
> no space between id and Int8. Once I manually put the space in, it
> worked as expected.

Thanks Joshua, that is the problem I wanted to illustrate; i.e.
whenever a tab separates the field name from the data type spec, the tab
character gets swallowed and psql cannot parse correctly.  So it seems
tabs are not interpreted as simple white space, and it should not be
used in this case, am I right?

--
Seb