Re: BUG #13863: Select from views gives wrong results

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: BUG #13863: Select from views gives wrong results
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

 > On 16 January 2016 at 13:12, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
 >> Hm, I'm a bit hesitant to potentially noticeably regress plans here,
 >> although it seems unikely that already "relies" on this. Can't we
 >> essentially treat references to columns which can be set to null by
 >> due to a grouping set, as containing an agg clause and only prevent
 >> moving in that case?

 Dean> I suppose it could be done, but it seems like a fair bit of
 Dean> work. It would be a bit like check_ungrouped_columns() except
 Dean> that it would only be safe to move the clause if it only referred
 Dean> to expressions that appeared in the intersection of all the
 Dean> grouping sets. I think that would rule out most real-world
 Dean> examples, including just about anything using rollup or cube, so
 Dean> I'm not sure it would be worth the effort.

Obvious question is, can we keep the optimization in the case that the
qual is strict? and if so, should we?

--
Andrew (irc:RhodiumToad)