Re: meson vs make: missing/inconsistent ENV

От Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker
Тема Re: meson vs make: missing/inconsistent ENV
Дата
Re: meson vs make: missing/inconsistent ENV  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:

> On Sun, Feb 26, 2023 at 03:21:04PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> > Is there any consideration of promoting these or other warnings to
>> > fatal?
>>
>> You mean the perl warnings?
>
> Yes - it'd be nice if the warnings caused an obvious failure to allow
> addressing the issue.  I noticed the icu warning while looking at a bug
> in 0da243fed, and updating to add ZSTD.

Perl warnings can be made fatal with `use warnings FATAL =>
<categories>;`, but one should be careful about which categories to
fatalise, per <https://metacpan.org/pod/warnings#Fatal-Warnings>.

Some categories are inherently unsafe to fatalise, as documented in
<https://metacpan.org/pod/strictures#CATEGORY-SELECTIONS>.

- ilmari