Re: add more frame types in window functions (ROWS)

От Andrew Gierth
Тема Re: add more frame types in window functions (ROWS)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hitoshi> One thing for rule test, I checked existing regression testHitoshi> cases and concluded DROP VIEW is
necessary,or even VIEWHitoshi> test for a specific feature is not needed. I remember yourHitoshi> aggregate ORDER BY
patchcontains "rules" testHitoshi> changes. However, since processing order of regression testsHitoshi> is not
predictableand may change AFAIK, I guess itHitoshi> shouldn't add those changes in rules.out.

Actually, looking more closely, the way you have it currently works only
by chance - "rules" and "window" are running in parallel, therefore the
view creation in "window" can break the output of "rules".

The order of regression tests is set in parallel_schedule and
serial_schedule; it's unpredictable only for tests within the same
parallel group.

I think a modification of the schedule is needed here; the only other
option would be to move the view creation into a different test.

--
Andrew.