Re: RAID controllers for Postgresql on large setups

От Chris Ruprecht
Тема Re: RAID controllers for Postgresql on large setups
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Joshua,

did you try to run the 345 on an IBM ServeRAID 6i?
I have one in mine, but I never actually ran any speed test.
Do you have any benchmarks that I could run and compare?

best regards,
chris
--
chris ruprecht
database grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre

On May 12, 2008, at 22:11, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Mon, 12 May 2008 22:04:03 -0400
> Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com> wrote:
>
>> Inheritted a number of servers and I am starting to look into the

[snip]

> Comparing software raid on an LSI onboard for an IBM 345 versus a
> 2120s
> using hardware raid 10, the software raid completely blew the adaptec
> away.

[more snip]