Re: Error handling in plperl and pltcl

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: Error handling in plperl and pltcl
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> (I'm sure we can do more to speed up subtransaction entry/exit than we have
> so far.)

Is there anything that can be done to short circuit the _first_ layer of
subtransaction? I'm thinking there will be many cases like this where there's
one implicit subtransaction that users don't even know is there. in particular

I'm thinking of psql introducing a subtransaction on every query to allow
recovery from typos and other errors. Drivers may do something similar to
allow the application to catch errors using language constructs like
exceptions and recover.

In many environments there will be one layer of subtransaction on every query.

--
greg