Re: More char()/ascii()

От Gregory Stark
Тема Re: More char()/ascii()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Andrew Dunstan" <andrew@dunslane.net> writes:

> Gregory Stark wrote:
>> Also, I thought we said this would be an error:
>>
>> postgres=# select length("char"(0));
>>  length --------
>>       0
>> (1 row)
>>

> IIRC, we said chr(0) would give you an error, and it does. I don't recall any
> discussion of "char"(0), but no doubt a few brain cells have died since then.

Ah, that explains my confusion. I knew it seemed weird to have to quote it.

> Fixing it would be trivial, I'm sure, but is it really a problem?

The "char" data type which I was mistakenly using is enough of a wart that it
probably doesn't matter what we do with it. There aren't any security holes
with the current behaviour (I don't think).

--  Gregory Stark EnterpriseDB          http://www.enterprisedb.com Get trained by Bruce Momjian - ask me about
EnterpriseDB'sPostgreSQL training!