Re: mvcc catalo gsnapshots and TopTransactionContext

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: mvcc catalo gsnapshots and TopTransactionContext
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2014-01-31 16:41:33 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Is there any plan to commit this?

> IMO it has to be applied. Tom objected on the grounds that cache
> invalidation has to be fixed properly but that's a major restructuring
> of code that worked this way for a long time. So changing the Assert()
> to reflect that seems fair to me.

The replacement Assert is wrong no?  At least that's what was said
upthread.  More to the point, changing the Assert so it doesn't fire
doesn't do one damn thing to ameliorate the fact that cache reload
during transaction abort is wrong and unsafe.

We need to fix the real problem not paper over it.  The fact that the
fix may be hard doesn't change that.

Сообщение: Re: Recovery inconsistencies, standby much larger than primary
Сообщение: Re: Recovery inconsistencies, standby much larger than primary