Re: best way to fetch next/prev record based on index

От Greg Stark
Тема Re: best way to fetch next/prev record based on index
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> One thing I did not like about your first pass is that it makes
> unsupportable assumptions about there being a semantic relationship
> between operators named, say, '<' and '<='.

Hm, I think I even had caught that issue on the mailing list previously.

In that case though, it seems even the existing code is insufficient. Instead
of testing whether the operator with strcmp against "=" and "<>" it should
perhaps be looking for an operator class and the strategy number for the
operator and its negator.

--
greg

Сообщение: Re: best way to fetch next/prev record based on index
Сообщение: Re: best way to fetch next/prev record based on index