Re: Fix some memory leaks in ecpg.addons

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: Fix some memory leaks in ecpg.addons
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Tristan,

08.11.2023 20:37, Tristan Partin wrote:
> Are people using some suppression file or setting ASAN_OPTIONS to something?

I use the following:
ASAN_OPTIONS=detect_leaks=0:abort_on_error=1:print_stacktrace=1:\
disable_coredump=0:strict_string_checks=1:check_initialization_order=1:\
strict_init_order=1:detect_stack_use_after_return=0

(You'll need to add detect_stack_use_after_return=0 with a newer clang
(I use clang-18) to workaround an incompatibility of check_stack_depth()
with that sanitizer feature enabled by default.)

There is also another story with hwasan ([1]).
and yet another incompatibility of check_stack_depth() related to the
aarch64-specific address tagging (TBI).

So I would say that fixing ecpg won't make postgres sanitizer-friendly in
a whole.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/dbf77bf7-6e54-ed8a-c4ae-d196eeb664ce%40gmail.com

Best regards,
Alexander