Object IDs in Parse message

От Malcolm Matalka
Тема Object IDs in Parse message
Дата
Re: Object IDs in Parse message
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello, I'm implementing my own pgsql client for fun and I'm trying to
understand how to send a Parse message.  The final parameter to Parse is
a series of Int32s with the description:

Specifies the object ID of the parameter data type. Placing a zero here
is equivalent to leaving the type unspecified.

But where do I find the list of object IDs?  Doing some internet
searches didn't bring up much.  Poking around the code I came across the
file:

./src/backend/catalog/pg_type_d.h

And that has a series of OID's with integer values.  Is this the mapping
I'm looking for?

If so, It's not clear how to express some things.  For example there is
a MONEYARRAYOID, but no MONEYOID.  Would I use, for example, NUMERICOID
for money?  If so, why does MONEYARRAYOID exist rather than using
NUMERICOID?

Thanks,
/Malcolm

Вложения