Re: Multibyte support and accented characters

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: Multibyte support and accented characters
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Friday, Jun 13, 2003, at 08:54 Asia/Tokyo, M. Bastin wrote:
> Here too you have to tell the browser it's going to receive data in
> unicode.  I don't know whether you can do this in HTML, or whether the
> user must choose unicode from the browser's appropriate menu.

Browsers are supposed to return data in the same encoding as the page,
so, for example, if your page is encoded as UTF-8, data the users enter
on the page will be returned to the server in UTF-8. I handle a lot of
Japanese, and I've been using XHTML pages encoded as UTF-8 and PHP for
handling the scripts, and it's been going in and out of my UTF-8
encoded database just fine.

Good luck!

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com