Re: Using Postgres as an alias

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Дата
Re: Using Postgres as an alias  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Sep 29, 2007, at 6:47 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> - --On Saturday, September 29, 2007 20:04:02 -0400 Jan Wieck
> <JanWieck@Yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just because you cannot imagine that correcting someone can be
>> done in a
>> polite way doesn't mean that insisting on Postgre not being an
>> accepted alias
>> is necessarily rude and ignorant by definition.
>
> Sorry, that wasn't what I was implying ... one impression I've
> gotten from all
> of these threads is that there have been people 'jumping down the
> throats' of
> ppl using either Postgres or Postgre ... not ppl 'politely
> correcting', but
> people being overtly rude ...

If someone has a problem and they come to the pg community for help
and the very first thing they get in response to their plea for help is
a "polite correction", that is also rude and unhelpful. If it's the only
answer they get it's even worse.

It doesn't need to be intentionally rude to be rude.

Cheers,
   Steve