Re: on placeholder entries in view rule action query's range table

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: on placeholder entries in view rule action query's range table
Дата
Re: on placeholder entries in view rule action query's range table  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> writes:
>  On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 10:06 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I've pushed this with some cleanup --- aside from fixing
>> outfuncs/readfuncs, I did some more work on the comments, which
>> I think you were too sloppy about.

> Thanks a lot for the fixes.

It looks like we're not out of the woods on this: the buildfarm
members that run cross-version-upgrade tests are all unhappy.
Most of them are not reporting any useful details, but I suspect
that they are barfing because dumps from the old server include
table-qualified variable names in some CREATE VIEW commands while
dumps from HEAD omit the qualifications.  I don't see any
mechanism in TestUpgradeXversion.pm that could deal with that
conveniently, and in any case we'd have to roll out a client
script update to the affected animals.  I fear we may have to
revert this pending development of better TestUpgradeXversion.pm
support.