Re: using extended statistics to improve join estimates

От Andrei Lepikhov
Тема Re: using extended statistics to improve join estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4/3/24 01:22, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Cool! There's obviously no chance to get this into v18, and I have stuff
> to do in this CF. But I'll take a look after that.
I'm looking at your patch now - an excellent start to an eagerly awaited
feature!
A couple of questions:
1. I didn't find the implementation of strategy 'c' - estimation by the
number of distinct values. Do you forget it?
2. Can we add a clauselist selectivity hook into the core (something
similar the code in attachment)? It can allow the development and
testing of multicolumn join estimations without patching the core.

--
regards,
Andrei Lepikhov

Вложения

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
От: Andy Fan
Сообщение: Re: using extended statistics to improve join estimates