Re: Receiving "No such file or directory" error from the database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Receiving "No such file or directory" error from the database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
John Puster (jpuster@acymtech.com) writes:
> While setting up the sourceforge package (which requires an
> installation of PostgreSQL 7.1), a script created a temporary table
> called user_metric_tmp1_1.  This table is impossible to browse, alter,
> or drop.  All said actions on this table result in the following error
> message: "ERROR: cannot open user_metric_tmp1_1: No such file or
> directory"

It sounds like the underlying physical file is not there, but it's hard
to think of a reason for that.  Where exactly might I get this script?

> I have done an strace on this query given from the command line, and
> it does not appear to be actually trying to access this file anywhere,
> even if it were to exist somewhere.

If you were looking for a reference to the table name, rather than its
relfilenode number, you'd not see it.

> There does not seem to be anything unusual about the
> table. Unfortuneatly, I am unsure what query created or last modified
> this table.

Do you have any reason to think that it was touched since the sourceforge
script used it?