Re: Fixed port 65432 in pglogical_create_subscriber

От Michael Banck
Тема Re: Fixed port 65432 in pglogical_create_subscriber
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi William,

Am Freitag, den 25.09.2020, 01:18 -0300 schrieb William Ivanski:
> I've been trying to convert a PostgreSQL 9.4 physical standby into a
> logical subscriber using pglogical_create_subscriber. It can't
> initialize pglogical on the subscriber server because it can't connect
> to the local PostgreSQL database after a restart, so it hangs.
>
> As you can see below (sensitive information redacted), I have
> configured to start local PostgreSQL database on port 5433. File
> /etc/postgresql/9.4/main/postgresql.conf confirms port is set to 5433.

[...]

> pglogical_create_subscriber started the local PostgreSQL instance on
> port 65432, but it's expecting to connect to port 5433, so it will
> never be able to connect.
>
> I checked pglogical source code on [1] and I was not able to find any
> explanation for this fixed port 65432. Then I found the pglogical
> source code is being patched to start Postgres with a fixed port 65432
> here [2].

That patch has been around a long time, I think we had to introduce it
in order to get the testsuite running; maybe it was just a shortcut. I
agree that it's breaking the user experience though.

I can see whether the testsuite got fixed/changed upstream in the
meantime and we can drop the patch now.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz