Re: Demo ideas?

От Jeff Trout
Тема Re: Demo ideas?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Feb 2, 2006, at 12:58 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Next week I need to "demo" PostgreSQL to a tech analyst.
> Presumably we'll be using some sort of remote desktop into one of
> my machines.
> Does anyone have suggestions on some quick things I can do to show
> off some of PostgreSQL's unique features?

You could do a crude datafeed kind of importy thing.

Say you're going to import news articles from src x.
You're going to get a timestamp, summary and article.

Make a type, then a simple perl function to remotely fetch it and
return it.

I know I've impressed some folks with that.
And mr. Fetter's useful dbi-link is nifty too

then again, I guess that is more of a geek demo than a PR demo..
geeks get excited by very different things :)

That R thing someone posted would be nifty. In fact, I'd never
considered doing that before and I may spend the afternoon changing
some graphing stuff around.

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/