Re: BUG #6152: possibly wrong display of pg_settings.enumvals for default_transaction_isolation

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6152: possibly wrong display of pg_settings.enumvals for default_transaction_isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Christoph Anton Mitterer" <calestyo@scientia.net> writes:
> $ psql -c 'SELECT name,vartype,enumvals FROM pg_settings;' | grep
> default_transaction_isolation
>  default_transaction_isolation   | enum    | {serializable,"repeatable
> read","read committed","read uncommitted"}

That output looks correct to me.  The column is an array column, and
double quotes are needed to protect the whitespace embedded in the last
three array elements.  (Strictly speaking they could perhaps be omitted,
but the array output function is a bit conservative here --- any
whitespace causes it to include quotes.)

> Using e.g.:
> default_transaction_isolation = "read committed"
> does not work however. It only works in single quotes.

Yeah, the configuration file parser only allows single quotes.
I suppose we could let it accept double quotes too, but I'd be worried
about foreclosing future expansion.  The two kinds of quotes mean
entirely different things in SQL commands.