Re: Direct XML interfaces to optimizer and even executor?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Direct XML interfaces to optimizer and even executor?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org> writes:
> - Sending a parse tree in XML for processing by the optimizer.
> - Sending an execution plan in XML directly to the executor.

Supporting this would imply freezing our internal representations of
parse and plan trees (maybe we could move some bits around a little,
but we couldn't make large changes without breaking the XML API).
Like Alex, I don't see any gain that's likely to be worth that price;
especially not when there are so many things I'm unhappy about in both
representations.  There are TODO items to revamp both representations
in major ways.

Сообщение: Re: Direct XML interfaces to optimizer and even executor?
Сообщение: Re: Direct XML interfaces to optimizer and even executor?