Re: initdb crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb crash
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers-win32
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> It *will* say signalled by code 5 when it is actually exiting with
> normal exitcode 5.

> This is because of the WIFSIGNALED() macro in port.h.

Hm.  Whether those macros are wrong or not, we're still left wondering
why it would exit(5), either.

The crash is apparently coming during the first attempt to insert a row
from the postgres.bki file.  That does not seem consistent with the
theory about a permissions problem; if we had no directory permissions
I'd have expected a failure at the previous "create pg_proc" step.  (For
that matter, how'd we have managed to create all the subdirectories and
configuration files?  The permissions theory doesn't hold water at all.)