Re: Getting oid with libpq

От jtv@xs4all.nl
Тема Re: Getting oid with libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Johan C. de Koning wrote:

> I am not an expert in C/C++ so do you know maybe where I can find some
> example code or documentation about the parsing process with sscanf?

In C, you'd probably want to use
 const char *OldLocale = setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");

Then run the pointer returned by PQgetValue() through atol() to get a
numeric value, and finally restore the previous locale with
 setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, OldLocale);

If you're using C++, best thing to do may be to use libpqxx instead of
libpq.  It has functions to do the conversions for you, and takes care of
locale and overflow issues as well.

Jeroen