Re: pgsql: ecpg: Output dir, source dir, stamp file argument for preproc/*.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: ecpg: Output dir, source dir, stamp file argument for preproc/*.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Jul 18 16:48:25 ./src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/parse.pl: Bareword file handle opened at line 30, column 1.  See pages
202,204of PBP.  ([InputOutput::ProhibitBarewordFileHandles] Severity: 5)
> Jul 18 16:48:25 ./src/interfaces/ecpg/preproc/parse.pl: Bareword file handle opened at line 31, column 1.  See pages
202,204of PBP.  ([InputOutput::ProhibitBarewordFileHandles] Severity: 5)

> afaict that's bogus. It's unnecessary that the code uses "our" instead of
> "my", but there's no bareword there and replacing our with my fixes that
> complaint.

Ah, I think I've got it.  Per "man perlfunc":

           "our" has the same scoping rules as "my" or "state", meaning that
           it is only valid within a lexical scope.  Unlike "my" and "state",
           which both declare new (lexical) variables, "our" only creates an
           alias to an existing variable: a package variable of the same name.

Since there's not actually any such package variable, the net effect is
that the first argument of open() is an undeclared name.  I can more or
less see why perl might treat that the same as a bareword, though I
definitely agree that this error message is more confusing than helpful.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: ecpg: Output dir, source dir, stamp file argument for preproc/*.
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: ecpg: Output dir, source dir, stamp file argument for preproc/*.