Re: tablespace question

От Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos
Тема Re: tablespace question
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thanks Tom!

We didn't used LVM but we plan to use partitioned table structures in the future.

I guess we have to really transfer data. I don't know how long it would take since our data is already around 330+GB in size.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 10:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Ridvan Lakas ng Bayan S. Baluyos" <ridvan@baluyos.net> writes:
> I have a postgres database that is running out of disk space.  I'm trying to
> mount additional disk space and make use of tablespace. The question is, is
> it possible for a table to maintain data in the existing tablespace and then
> moving forward insert the new data into a new tablespace?

Any given table can only be in one tablespace.

Usually people with this type of issue set up their disks using LVM or
something similar, so that they can add space into an existing
filesystem.  Another possibility (not mutually exclusive) is to set up
a partitioned table structure.  Unfortunately neither of these solutions
is easy to bolt on after the fact :-(

リヅバン バルヨス
ridvan.baluyos@qualservcentral.com
http://ridvan.baluyos.net
http://www.onxiam.com/people/rbaluyos

Registered Linux User #439466
Registered Ubuntu User #16034
Q: Have you heard of the Object-Oriented way to get wealthy?