Re: Hanging creating of function

От Mikael Carneholm
Тема Re: Hanging creating of function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
psql was run from the linux box, read using both \i and -f.

The strange this is, it seems to work now...yesterday I was even thrown out by the server due to some internal error.

Postgis-1.0.4 and the (pg-)admin81 module are also installed, if that has something to do with it.

Could also be due to some bad memory stick or something - I don't know.

Oh well, it works now, and that's what's most important for me as I'm now able to carry on with my project.

/Mikael

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Fuhr [mailto:mike@fuhr.org]
Sent: den 10 november 2005 16:46
To: Mikael Carneholm
Cc: 'Pgsql-General (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Hanging creating of function

On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 08:19:32PM +0100, Mikael Carneholm wrote:
> Postgres machine OS: RHEL release 2.1 (Panama)
> PGAdminIII client OS: WinXP Pro 2002 SP2
> Clients: psql, PGAdminIII Query tool

The function creation hangs even with psql?  Where did you run psql
from -- the Windows box, the Linux box, or both?  How did you get
the code into psql -- cut-and-paste, typed manually, read with \i,
read with -f, or redirected standard input?  Could you try different
ways and see if some work and some don't?

How repeatable is the problem?  Have you made many attempts and
seen one way always fail and the other way always succeed?

When the create hangs, if you query pg_locks in another session
does it show any locks where granted is false?  Do you see any
unusual messages in the server's logs?

--
Michael Fuhr