Re: Display Problem.

От Tim Lucia
Тема Re: Display Problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

Since you say “jsp”, one can assume that you are emitting the out from your database to a browser in html.  In this case, the HTML markup symbol “&reg;” should be used to produce the ® symbol.

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: David Hu [mailto:david@redsquare.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 12:50 AM
To: pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [JDBC] Display Problem.

Hi, all.

I am trying work out why my jsp/servlet application can't display the trademark sign "®" properly. It changed to a question mark "?".

The postgresql database is running on windows NT and come from cygwin.   I installed the both JDBC dirver and ODBC driver.

If I run a quey, I can see the sign is fine on ODBC driver.

I also did recreated the database with the new character encoding but it didn't help.

>1. Drop and recreate db with the scripts:

>     create database devdb with encoding='latin1';

Looks like the Linux based system working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks