Re: unable to drop a constraint

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: unable to drop a constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Enrico Sirola <enrico.sirola@gmail.com> writes:
> I have two tables, one has a field with a foreign key pointing to the
> primary key of another table. When I to drop the first table, I get
> the following error:

> test=# drop table user;
> ERROR:  "customer_pkey" is an index

I don't think you're being entirely truthful with us, because "user"
is a reserved word.  If you'd typed exactly that, you would have
gotten

regression=# drop table user;
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "user"
LINE 1: drop table user;
                   ^

I'm not certain if this is just pilot error or if there really is
something odd going on, but obfuscating what you're doing doesn't
make it easier to decipher.  Please show what you really typed and
what you really got back.  psql \d output for the two tables might
be helpful too.